Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend, since nine years ago, has forever been labeled as a shitty weekend.  Last year, we got into a motorcycle accident when some asshole made an illegal u-turn.  Thank the Universe we were only doing 25mph!  HE sustained a broken orbital bone, the part closest to the nose on his right side, and some hurt ribs.  I sustained a little strawberry (first degree) on my elbow.  HE was injured because I was on the back of the BMW tour bike.  I still feel bad.  I should have leaned way back, not held onto him tighter.  They think his ribs were shoved into the handle bars.  His sunglasses smashed into his face.   The fucker that hit us, of course, had no insurance.  Thousands of dollars later, the bike was fixed and his faced healed nicely.

A year before that, his dog died!  The dog was 15 years old but still.  It is like a family member leaves you.  It was a sad day.  HE remembers the day every year.

A few years before that, I cheated oh him.  That was the "incident" that hexed this weekend forever in his mind. 

This year, my Oma died.  See post before this one.

This year, I'm determined to change the meaning of this weekend forever.  We have had an amazing time together.  We are reconnecting and bonding and feeling good about everything.  I am relaxed, hopeful, and more in love with him than ever. 

Happy Memorial Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment