Friday, November 11, 2011

Opinionated and Opinionaided

Sometimes thinking about it just convolutes the issues.  I get it when he says he doesn't want to talk about anything and that he just wants to "enjoy me".  I want to enjoy everything too!  I do not come from a place of lightness, of playfulness, of letting things roll off my back like water off a duck's. 

What I am learning, though, is to slow down, be more patient, and not take everything as if it will be my last chance at it.  That sort of "all or nothing" attitude was learned, and now I'm unlearning it.  If he wants to be mad at me, that's his stuff.  I don't feel like I need to chase after him anymore.  Either things will be good or they won't.  But no matter what, I will be ok. 

I have turned my attention to silly things, like the Opinionaided app, on my iphone.  That makes me happy.  It's silly, doesn't take a lot thought and ya know what, I am learning a ton about myself.  I am funny, and lighthearted, and interesting and I give really good advice (as evidenced by my "Top advisor" status!)  LOL

Today is a good day.  Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment